What are the Cyber security Best Practices every DoD company should follow in 2022?
Employee Cyber Security Awareness has evolved as one of the key challenges that DoD contractors must address in the current, digital world. Instilling fundamental cyber security abilities in personnel has frequently been the essential distinction between firms that are penetrated and those that are not.
The 2017 WannaCry ransomware assault is an example in point; the worldwide cybercrime “epidemic” managed to target organizations that had not performed mandatory Windows system upgrades.
If global cybersecurity levels of awareness were greater and more organizations throughout the world followed better cyber security procedures, the number of assaults and the harm they may inflict today could be significantly lower.
Follow These Cyber Security Best Practices
1. Assess Encryption Software: It is critical to review your present encryption methods and stay current with the latest technology. With cyber thieves becoming more sophisticated by the day and an increasing number of individuals attempting to steal information for monetary benefit, it is critical to examine your encryption software and verify that it is up to date.
2. Examine Vendor Security: Because your data is exchanged between your firm and theirs, it is critical to examine third-party access control. Your firm can be as protected as you desire it to be, but if the individuals who receive and manage your information do not have the same degree of security, your data and your customers’ confidential material remain vulnerable.
3. Invest in the IT Staff: The IT department of all DoD companies is the first line of defense and offense. The members of your IT staff must be trained and kept up to speed on the newest knowledge on cyber-attacks and potential risks. Meetings with your IT personnel, recognizing their issues, and putting in the finest tools for them are all excellent suggestions if you want to maintain a strong cybersecurity posture.
4. Examine and comprehend your backups: Examine and comprehend how you restore your data on a daily basis. Data backup is an essential strategy that is critical to the running of your organization; yet, it is also one of the critical elements of a ransomware preparation checklist. If your backup technology are safe and your backup methods are flawless, ransomware attackers will be unable to prevent you from accessing your own data.
5. Examine Authentication Processes: The manner in which authentication occurs in a firm should always be documented, and the manner in which workers use certain technologies should have safeguards to guarantee that there is no usage in bad faith. Authentication methods should be as secure as possible, and it is critical to keep track of who has what access inside a company. Users having privileged rights should be watched and trained with more vigilance.
6. Continue to emphasize the need of strong passwords: As a security-conscious company, you’ve undoubtedly previously stressed the significance of using complex passwords to your employees. However, this is one part of good cybersecurity etiquette that must be reinforced on a regular basis.
Often, it only takes one stolen password for cyber thieves to launch large-scale assaults on huge organizations. Everyone should be required to utilize multi-factor authentication when logging in to personal systems or corporate accounts. This provides an additional degree of security.…